A. Malone, Chairman
- Graduate of Wesleyan University in Connecticut
which honors, High Distinction and Phi Beta Kappa, Graduate of
Yale University with a commend. Wrote well-received article on
zoo design at Yale. Studied with Josef Albers, Fredrick Kiesler,
and Buckminster Fuller.
- Ran design program
at Parsons School of Design.
- First published by 'Industrial Design' magazine
- 'Notes From Under the Drawing Board.' It was a controversial
view of American design.
- Became editor-in-chief of 'Industrial Design'
now ID magazine.
- Practiced as an industrial designer - designed
a car, people mover, automatic banking system, airport passenger
handling systems, machine tools, exhibits, furniture, graphics.
- Designed 'The Expanding Universe' for West
Hartford's Children's Museum examination of the philosophy of
- A consultant with the New York State Council
on the Arts, played a key design role in 'Harlem On My Mind' at
the Metropolitan Museum.
- Dean of Art and
Design School at Pratt Institute.
- Wrote Rocketship
a Harper & Roe young people's book
- Wrote The Robot
Book for Harcourt Brace
- Editor and spokesman for 'Omni' magazine
- Wrote 'Automation' paper on John Diebold for
World Future Society
- Major speaker for New Line Cinema on science
- White papers on information technology, automation
- Author and curator of 'The Robot Exhibit' at
the American Craft Museum, NY. This exhibit toured U.S. and was
- Editor-in-chief of 'Automation News'
- Editor-in-chief of Managing Automation' magazine
- Lectured in Spain, France, Germany, and Czech
Republic on information technology and automation.
- Author of the 'Integrated Manufacturing Map'
- Interviewed for History Channel's 'Timeline:Robots'
- Wrote a Random House book on robots.
- Wrote "The Ultimate Robot" published by DK